this is my blog telling the story of my entire study abroad experience. mostly for family and friends to know what I'm up to but hopefully will be a good read for anyone who's interested. enjoy! I will try to updated it weekly to and keep up with it as best as I can!

Monday, March 31, 2014

Week Seven/Eight


Week Seven: So this week was a whorl wind of traveling - and it isn't stopping until next week. I spent four days in Munich, Germany. It was a great experience! We arrived at 4:30am, after spending eight hours on an overnight bus. We thought "oh we'll just drop off our bags at the hotel and go out and explore until we can check in"... but the not so surprising thing is that - things are not open to explore at 5am generally. We all ended up dozing off in the hotel lobby until we overheard them chatting about charging us for being there - which is when we hit the road: FAST! We then continued our string of falling asleep in random places to a coffee shop for a few hours (of course we bought something so we weren't total bums) and then a park (specifically Englischer Garten - bigger than Central Park and very beautiful). We had a lovely paddle boat ride.. even though we almost got involved in a fairly savage goose fight. We saw a lot of the major sights in Munich and of course consumed copious amounts of beer and pretzels (as one should do while in Germany).
Week Eight: After a short 48 hours home in Brno I was off again, but this time by plane to Barcelona, Spain. I loved this city! I would definitely stay somewhere more centrally located next time but hey, who wouldn't love to say that they stayed on a boat in Spain for a weekend? My big thing was the Sagrada Familia - it was beautiful! It was probably my favorite thing of the trip. It definitely lived up to the hype! It was a great time filled with lots of great people and great food! Definitely a good place to celebrate Carina's 21st birthday - success!

I am still having a ball in my study abroad experience! I can't believe that my time here is almost half over but I am still loving every moment of it! Next stop: Krakow, Poland!

No comments:

Post a Comment