Week Six: This week was a good one, we had a lovely game of pool (Canada/Poland vs. Finland/USA). Karol and I lost terribly but we're not sore losers so that's okay! The fun continued with a trip to Budapest, Hungary. Which may have been my favorite city so far, it was beautiful and there was so much to see, I wish I would have been there longer... but who knows, maybe I'll be back! We went on a "booze cruise" on the Thursday night when we got there, which was a beautiful way to see the city by night and have some drinks of course! We also went on a bus tour (yes, I know, super touristy) but it was great because it took us around to all the major sights and it was hop on hop off so you could get off and then get back on the next bus that was coming. That night we went to Széchenyi Thermal Bath which was huge and had pools of all temperatures and sizes. Very relaxing and I definitely missed swimming! It also had sauna's but they smelled a little like dill pickles so I skipped that part. Topped it off with another great boat tour by day this time and then headed home to Brno (it was a short one because no buses came back to Brno on Sunday - that we could find anyways).
Other things that happened over these last couple weeks were:
- not one, but two Polish pierogi nights!
- plenty "the cafe" meals
- forty's pizza's
- interesting food
- and may more laughs!
Its getting to the point in exchange where I actually get to know people better and I'm loving every minute of it! Having a great time but missing all the people in Saskatchewan! Next stops, Munich and Barcelona and I can't wait!




No comments:
Post a Comment